Published: Saturday, March 05, 2011, 7:34 PM Updated: Saturday, March 05, 2011, 7:47 PM
The sales of hundreds of foreclosed homes in Oregon have been halted or withdrawn in recent weeks after federal judges repeatedly questioned their legality, according to a number of real estate attorneys in the state.
Lenders have withdrawn more than 300 foreclosure sales since February in Deschutes County alone, one of the state’s hardest hit by the housing collapse. About 130 of those notices were filed in the past week, attorneys say.
Dozens of foreclosure listings by ReconTrust Co., the foreclosure arm of Bank of America Corp., have disappeared from its website, attorneys say. A BofA spokeswoman declined comment late Friday.
Continue reading … Oregon Live
- Brown Order –Barnett v.BAC Home Loan Servicing LP, Federal National Mortgage Association fka Fannie Mae, ReconTrust Co.
- Burgett Case –Burgett v. MERS, et al.
- EkersonTRO –Ekerson v. MERS, CitiMortgage Inc., et al
- King_ruling –Rinegard-Guirma v. Bank of America, et al
- McCoy –McCoy v. BNC Mortgage Inc., MERS, U.S. Bank, Finance America LLC, et al.