Countrywide Home Loans Inc. will pay $100 million to settle a class action alleging that the Bank of America Corp.-owned lender deceptively lured consumers into buying loans with higher interest rates than originally promised, according to a Thursday filing in California federal court.
Plaintiff Jay J. Ralston alleged that Countrywide and its correspondent lenders, including Mortgage Investors Group Inc., engaged in a “campaign of deceptive conduct and concealment” in which some consumers lost their homes through foreclosure, according to court documents.
The class consists of consumers…
|June 19, 2013||388||ORDER PRELIMINARILY APPROVING SETTLEMENT, AND WITH RESPECT TO CLASS NOTICE, COURT APPROVAL HEARING AND ADMINISTRATION (granting 386 ). Signed by Judge Jeremy Fogel on 6/19/2013. (jflc2, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 6/19/2013)|
|September 19, 2013||426||ORDER GRANTING 413 MOTION FOR FINAL APPROVAL OF CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT; OVERRULING OBJECTIONS; GRANTING 394 MOTION FOR ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND COSTS; AND GRANTING SERVICE PAYMENT. Signed by Judge Jeremy Fogel on 9/19/2013. (jflc2, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 9/19/2013)|
|September 19, 2013||428||JUDGMENT. Signed by Judge Jeremy Fogel on 9/19/2013. (jflc2, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 9/19/2013)|
|October 7, 2013||429||AMENDED JUDGMENT. Signed by Judge Jeremy Fogel on 10/7/2013. (jflc2, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 10/7/2013)|
|November 21, 2013||430||ORDER CONCERNING CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT. Signed by Judge Jeremy Fogel on 11/21/2013. (jflc2, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 11/21/2013)|
© 2010-14 FORECLOSURE FRAUD | by DinSFLA. All rights reserved.
- Allstate, Citigroup Settle Mortgage-Backed Securities Suit Another confidential settlement for Citi! Business week- Allstate Corp. (ALL)...
- Federal Home Loan Mtge. v. Schwartzwald et al. | Ohio Supreme Court unanimously holds that a foreclosure plaintiff must have standing upon the filing of the suit. Huge victory for Attorney Andrew M. Engel [link] The Supreme...
- Hagens Berman: Two BofA Fraud Whistleblowers Settle Claims, Including Former LandSafe/Countrywide Employee Who Earned $14 Million Reward — BAC MarketWatch- Attorneys representing former home appraisal manager Kyle W. Lagow,...
- Mortgage Fraud: Bank of America, Bank of New York Mellon, Countrywide Home Loans Servicing, Law Offices of David Stern, Cheryl Samons Mortgage Fraud Bank of America Bank of New York Mellon...
- Very quietly, Countrywide, BofA settle 5 investors’ MBS fraud suits Reuters- Earlier this month, Countrywide and Bank of America very,...