IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS
DAVID A. HAWKINS, and TRACY J.
HAWKINS, on behalf of themselves
and all others similarly situated,
WELLS FARGO BANK, N.A.,
Defendant made Texas home equity loan modifications that did one or
more of the following in violation of the Texas Constitution’s homestead protection
provisions: (1) turned past-due interest into new principal; (2) featured a loan-to-value
ratio to a figure above 80%; and (3) failed to include mandatory disclosures concerning
the protections afforded by the Texas Constitution concerning home equity loans. These
problems are unique to home equity loans, as opposed to original purchase-money
mortgage loans, which are not at issue in this case.
© 2010-13 FORECLOSURE FRAUD | by DinSFLA. All rights reserved. www.StopForeclosureFraud.com
- Texas “HAMP” Class Action Against HSBC, WELLS FARGO ELLERY G. PENNINGTON AND LAURA M. PENNINGTON, on behalf of...
- Iowa Class Action Against CitiMortgage “agressively and falsely advertised its commitment to help homeowners obtain affordable loan modifications.” H/T Adam Belz UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN...
- UT Class Action Lawsuit Alleging Fair Debt Collection Violations to Proceed Against Bank of America and Recontrust Company KCSG- US District Judge Dee Benson ruled Tuesday that a...
- Proposed class-action lawsuit alleging breach of contract by Bank of America NA and subsidiary BAC Home Loans Servicing LP AP- LOS ANGELES (AP) —It seemed Maria Campusano’s financial problems...
- NJ CLASS ACTION Silva v. Citimortgage ; Loan Servicer Allegedly Grabbed TARP Cash, Stiffed Loan Mod-Seeking Homeowners Hamp via The Home Equity Theft Reporter a fantastic site! The...