FHFA suit stops short of going nuclear, ignores the biggest flaw in securitization/REMICs – failure to properly convey the notes….instead, FHFA sez loans were xferred properly to trust, to prevent 100% taxation 4 failure 2 comply w/ IRC’s REMIC requirements. Cute…I worry that this is an attempt to fix / limit total bank exposure by getting uncontested ruling that REMIC provisions were followed…
via @Thad Bartholow
What? Why is “WELLS FARGO” not listed? Let me know when they get to “W”.
FHFA Sues 17 Firms to Recover Losses to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Washington, DC — The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), as conservator for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (the Enterprises), today filed lawsuits against 17 financial institutions, certain of their officers and various unaffiliated lead underwriters. The suits allege violations of federal securities laws and common law in the sale of residential private-label mortgage-backed securities (PLS) to the Enterprises.
Complaints have been filed against the following lead defendants, in alphabetical order:
FHFA Filings in PLS Cases, September 2, 2011:
- Ally Financial Inc. f/k/a GMAC, LLC
- Bank of America Corporation
- Barclays Bank PLC
- Citigroup, Inc.
- Countrywide Financial Corporation
- Credit Suisse Holdings (USA), Inc.
- Deutsche Bank AG
- First Horizon National Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Goldman Sachs & Co.
- HSBC North America Holdings, Inc.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Merrill Lynch & Co. / First Franklin Financial Corp.
- Morgan Stanley
- Nomura Holding America Inc.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC
- Société Générale
The cases are Federal Housing Finance Agency v. Bank of America Corp. (BAC), 11-CV-6195; FHFA v. Barclays Bank Plc., 11-CV- 6190; FHFA v. Citigroup, 11-CV-6196; FHFA v. Credit Suisse Holdings (USA) Inc., 11-CV-6200; FHFA v. Deutsche Bank AG, 11- CV-6192; FHFA v. First Horizon National Corp., 11-CV-6193; FHFA v. Goldman, Sachs & Co., 11-CV-6198; FHFA v. HSBC North America Holdings Inc., 11-CV-6189; FHFA v. JPMorgan Chase & Co., 11-CV- 6188; FHFA v. Merrill Lynch & Co., 11-CV-6202; FHFA v. Nomura Holding America Inc., 11-CV-6201; FHFA v. SG Americas Inc., 11- CV-6203, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York© 2010-14 FORECLOSURE FRAUD | by DinSFLA. All rights reserved.
- FHFA Audit of the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s Consumer Complaints Process BACKGROUND On July 30, 2008, the Housing and Economic Recovery...
- Testimony of FHFA Director Edward J. DeMarco “An Analysis Post-Conservatorship Legal Expenses of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac” Statement of Edward J. DeMarco Acting Director Federal Housing Finance...
- NYTimes | Banks Want Pieces of Fannie-Freddie Pie By LOUISE STORY Published: January 20, 2011 As the Obama...
- US tries to recoup Fannie, Freddie losses WILL WE FIND OUT THE TRUTH…THESE LOANS NEVER MADE IT...
- FULL COMPLAINT | Cambridge Place Investment Management Inc. v. Morgan Stanley, 10-2741, Suffolk Superior Court (Boston) Scribd Read More… Mortgage Investors Suing For MBS FRAUD… Is...