PACHECO v. EMC Mortgage Corp & The Bear Stearns Companies LLC [Read Complaint Below]
SEATTLE, January 10, 2011 (GlobeNewswire) – Attorney Advertising. Keller Rohrback L.L.P. (www.krclassaction.com) announces that a class action has been filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington on behalf of all mortgagors in the State of Washington whose home mortgage loans are serviced by EMC Mortgage Corporation and who (a) have attempted to obtain modifications of their loan terms from EMC; and (b) have made payments pursuant to a “Repayment Agreement,” a Home Affordable Modification Program (“HAMP”) trial modification plan, or any other temporary modification plan.
The complaint alleges, among other things that the Defendants: engaged in bad faith as to home mortgage loan modification negotiations; led mortgagors to reasonably believe and rely on Defendants’ representations that they would permanently modify their mortgage loans upon successful completion of “Repayment Agreements” or other trial programs; charged unreasonable, unlawful, or excessive fees; failed to properly disclose and/or concealed fees and other charges; failed to provide to mortgagors a proper or comprehensible accounting of fees, payments, credits, arrearages, and amounts owed; improperly or under-applied mortgage payments to accounts; and breached “Repayment Agreements” or other trial modification program contracts or promises. The complaint has been filed pursuant to the Washington Consumer Protection Act and contains additional claims for breach of contract, breach of the duty of good faith and fair dealing, promissory estoppel, and unjust enrichment.
Keller Rohrback is also investigating the following mortgage loan servicers regarding mortgage loan modifications in Washington and elsewhere:
- American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.
- Aurora Loan Services, LLC
- Citimortgage, Inc.
- GMAC Mortgage, Inc.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank NA
- Litton Loan Servicing LP
- Nationstar Mortgage LLC
- OneWest Bank
- SunTrust Mortgage, Inc.
If your home mortgage loan is serviced by EMC Mortgage Corporation or any of the above-listed servicers and you have questions regarding these matters, please contact paralegal Nick Wallace or attorneys Gretchen Obrist or Lynn Sarko at 800.776.6044 or via email at email@example.com.
For additional information regarding the litigation, please click here.
Keller Rohrback, with offices in Seattle, Phoenix, Santa Barbara and New York, is committed to helping individuals protect their investments. Keller Rohrback has successfully provided class action representation for over a decade. Its litigators have obtained judgments and settlements on behalf of clients in excess of seven billion dollars.
Attorney Advertising. Prior Results Do Not Guarantee A Similar Outcome.
Source: Keller Rohrback L.L.P. Keller Rohrback L.L.P. Announces Class Action Complaint Filed Against EMC Mortgage Corp. and The Bear Stearns Companies LLC
Continue Reading the complaint below…
- CLASS ACTION FILED| Figueroa v. Law Offices Of David J. Stern, P.A. and MERSCORP, Inc. KABOOM!!! This will send out shock waves. After last week’s...
- WA STATE CLASS ACTION: “HAMP MODIFICATIONS” SOPER v. BANK OF AMERICA COUNT I: BREACH OF CONTRACT / BREACH OF DUTY OF...
- CLASS ACTION Amended complaint against Countrywide et al Involving $350 Billion of Mortgage-Backed Securities Other defendants in the case, aside from Countrywide, several of...
- OHIO CLASS ACTION: FMR AG Files Class Action Against Law Firm TURNER v. Lerner, Sampson & Rothfuss (“LS&R”) CLASS ACTION COMPLAINT PURSUANT TO RULE 23 OF THE OHIO...
- Hagens Berman Files Class-Action Suit Against Aurora Loan Services LLC SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 20 /PRNewswire/ — A group of...