‘I simply do not know where the money is, or why the accounts have not been reconciled to date,’ he told the House Agriculture Committee. (pg.18)
* Memo alleges Corzine authorized transfer from customer account
* MF Global employee wrote email alleging Corzine OK’d transfer-memo
* MF Global employee, Edith O’Brien, to testify before Congress next week
* Corzine spokesman denies allegation
* Corzine, O’Brien not accused of wrongdoing
By Alexandra Alper and Ann Saphir
WASHINGTON, March 23 (Reuters) – Former MF Global official Edith O’Brien said in an October 2011 email that CEO Jon Corzine gave “direct instructions” to transfer $200 million from a customer account to cover an overdraft in a JPMorgan account in London, according to a congressional memo released on Friday.
Steven Goldberg, a spokesman for Corzine, noted that Corzine did ask that the JPMorgan overdraft be corrected, but never gave any instructions to misuse customer funds.
[ipaper docId=86534932 access_key=key-13ybgs9umblb7g43m724 height=600 width=600 /]
image credit: AFP/Getty Images© 2010-15 FORECLOSURE FRAUD | by DinSFLA. All rights reserved.