UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
RENAE MOWAT, NIKKI MACK,
ARKLYNN RAHMING, and QUENNA HUMPHREY individually
and on behalf of all other similarly situated individuals,
DJSP ENTERPRISES, INC., a Florida Corporation, DJSP
ENTERPRISES, INC., a British Virgin Islands Company,
and LAW OFFICES OF DAVID J. STERN, P.A.,
DAVID J. STERN, individually,
CLASS ACTION COMPLAINT
Plaintiffs Renae Mowat, Nikki Mack, Arklynn Rahming, and Quenna Humphrey individually and on behalf of all others similarly situated, for their Complaint against Defendants, DJSP Enterprises, Inc., a Florida corporation, DJSP Enterprises, Inc., a British Virgin Islands Company, (collectively hereinafter referred to as “DJSP”), Law Offices of David J. Stern, P.A., (“Stern, P.A.”) and David J. Stern (“Stern”) state as follows:
NATURE OF CASE
1) Plaintiffs bring this action on behalf of themselves and other similarly situated former employees who worked for the Defendants in Plantation, Florida and who were terminated as a consequence of mass layoffs by the Defendants beginning on September 23, 2010 and who were not provided sixty (60) days advance written notice of the mass layoffs by Defendants as required by the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, 29 U.S.C. § 2101 et seq.
2) Plaintiffs and all similarly situated employees seek to recover back pay for each day of WARN Act violation and benefits under 29 U.S.C. § 2104.
3) This Court has jurisdiction pursuant to 28 U.S.C. §§ 1331, 1334 and 1367, as well as 29 U.S.C. §§ 2102, 2104(a)(5).
4) Venue over this matter is appropriate in this Court pursuant to 29 U.S.C. 2104(a)(5) because the acts constituting the violation of the WARN Act occurred, and the claims arose in this district. Venue is also proper under 28 U.S.C. §1391(a) and (b). The acts complained of occurred in the State of Florida and, at all relevant times, material hereto, the Defendants conducted business with and through the other named Defendants who also conducted business with and through the other Defendants and their subsidiaries and the named individual Defendant, David J. Stern, resides in this judicial district, and all of or a substantial part of the events or omissions giving rise to this action occurred in this judicial district.
- Strauss & Troy and Statman Harris & Eyrich File Class Action Lawsuit Against DJSP Enterprises, Inc. — DJSP CINCINNATI, Jul 21, 2010 (GlobeNewswire via COMTEX) — Notice is...
- ANOTHER |Robbins Umeda LLP Announces the Filing of a Class Action Suit against DJSP Enterprises, Inc. SAN DIEGO, Jul 23, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Robbins Umeda...
- Cuneo, Gilbert & LaDuca, LLP and Liddle & Robinson, LLP Announce Class Action Lawsuit Against DJSP Enterprises August 26, 2010 10:19 AM EDT WASHINGTON, DC — (MARKET...
- OFFICIAL! CLASS ACTION FIRM Statman, Harris & Eyrich, LLC Announces Investigation of DJSP Enterprises, Inc. FL BROWARD COUNTY very own DJSP aka TOP FORECLOSURE FIRM...
- EXPLOSIVE!! COOPER vs. DJSP, ENTERPRISES, Inc. SUED FOR VIOLATIONS OF FEDERAL SECURITIES LAWS COMPLAINT FOR VIOLATIONS OF THE FEDERAL SECURITIES LAWS Cooper et...