September 20, 2010
Chief Justice Charles T. Canady
Florida Supreme Court
500 South Duval Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1900
Dear Chief Justice Canady,
I am disturbed by the increasing reports of predatory ‘foreclosure mills’ in Florida. The New York Times and Mother Jones have both recently reported on the rampant and widespread practices of document fraud and forgery involved in mortgage assignments. My staff has spoken with multiple foreclosure specialists and attorneys in Florida who confirm these reports.
Three foreclosure mills – the Law Offices of Marshall C. Watson, Shapiro & Fishman, and the Law Offices of David J. Stern – constitute roughly 80% of all foreclosure proceedings in the state of Florida. All are under investigation by Attorney General Bill McCollum. If the reports I am hearing are true, the illegal foreclosures taking place represent the largest seizure of private property ever attempted by banks and government entities. This is lawlessness.
I respectfully request that you abate all foreclosures involving these firms until the Attorney General of the state of Florida has finished his investigations of those firms for document fraud.
I have included a court order, in which Chase, WAMU, and Shapiro and Fishman are excoriated by a judge for document fraud on the court. In this case, Chase attempted to foreclose on a home, when the mortgage note was actually owned by Fannie Mae.
Taking someone’s home should not be done lightly. And it should certainly be done in accordance with the law.
Thank you for your consideration of this request.
Member of Congress
© 2010-13 FORECLOSURE FRAUD | by DinSFLA. All rights reserved.
- Florida Attorney General Launches Investigation into Foreclosure Mills Fraud On Tuesday the Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum’s office announced...
- WHISTLE BLOWER | Report On Fraudulent & Forged Assignments Of Mortgages & Deeds In U.S. Foreclosures Pew family trusts which I am a beneficiary and/or remainderman...
- Both Sink and McCullom knew or should have known about MERS documents DinSFLA here: I agree 100%. Where are the sirens that...
- HOMEOWNERS’ REBELLION: COULD 62 MILLION HOMES BE FORECLOSURE-PROOF? Ellen Brown, August 18th, 2010 WEBofDEBT Over 62 million mortgages...
- Homeowner fights foreclosure in lawsuit claiming documents are fraudulent Marcia Heroux Pounds, Sun Sentinel August 20, 2010 After months...